Exciting openings !!
A walk in interview for the an exciting, new and challenging post in the Bruhat Bangalore Mahanagara Palike (BBMP) will be held throughout the year as per the details given below :
Name of the contractual position: Pourakarmika
Eligibility criteria: Any woman from marginalized community who is eager and excited to serve the country by doing back breaking work that may lead to bone and joint disorders, respiratory infections, ulcers, skin infections etc. etc. Those with previous experience of manual scavenging will be given preference. Widowed and abandoned women can also apply.
Remuneration: What remuneration? BBMP expects the pourakarmikas to follow ancient and traditional caste practices of serving savarnas without expecting any remuneration. Remuneration is only a better seat (reservation) on the karmic cycle.
Termination of contract: The employee will be terminated immediately without any notice period if she demands wages, forms a union, protests or shows bad attitude to the contractor or if the contractor so desires or if BBMP runs out of funds or if she asks for leave or if she makes a fuss etc. This comes under the discretionary powers of the BBMP. The pourakarmika is not entitled to any legal recourse in the event of labour law violation or human rights violation.
Terms of agreement: The pourakarmika should
1. Be willing to dispose carcasses of dogs, cats and rodents with bare hands
2. Should not demand regular wages
3. Should not demand higher wages
4. Should not demand wages
5. Should not belong to any union
6. Should be available 24 hours to clean houses and surrounding of government officials, ministers and other agencies
7. Should be willing to work with bare hands and not demand gloves or other safety equipment
8. Women should be willing to accept that they may not be able to pay rents for their homes or for the education of the children (However the children are guaranteed jobs as pourakarmikas. Pucca guaranteed reservation (100%).
9. Should not demand permanent positions within BBMP.
10. People with non progressive physical impairments are welcome especially those who have speech impairments and unable to complain about BBMP
11. They should have no physical impairment at the start of the contract although we care two hoots if they get ANY disease during the contract period.
12. Should welcome abuses, insults and any kind of violations as she is serving a larger purpose. She should not be cowed down by ordinary human constraints such as food, water, shelter, children’s education, dignity etc. etc.
Documents: To obtain wages the pourakarmika should produce ALL the following certificates
1. Aadhar card
2. Marriage certificate
3. Birth/death certificate
4. Certificate of having undergone either hysterectomy or tubal ligation (any form of permanent contraception) duly signed by the government medical officer from her area of residence, taluk medical officer from her area of employment, district health officer and notary.
5. BPL card
6. Domicile certificate.
7. Notary’s affidavit of being an original manual scavenger.
8. 7 photographs duly attested by a district magistrate
9. Spouse’s birth certificate/driving license/adhar card
10. If spouse is employed with BBMP, then letter of conduct from the contractor, duly attested by the Joint director, BBMP and district magistrate, Bangalore urban. This should be accompanied by a letter of recommendation from the government medical officer of the nearest Urban Family Welfare centre, account details with a nationalized bank, reference letter from an NGO working with pourakarmikas (list attached in appendix), No Objection Certificate (NOC) from labour commissioner and guaranteed proof of employment.
11. Letter of employment as a pourakarmika or manual scavenger in previous employment and reasons for leaving (Failure of payment of salary cannot be considered a valid reason for leaving previous employer).
12. Age proof
13. Address proof
14. Income certificate
Eligible and willing candidate may walk in any time to BBMP office for immediate start.
The engagement will be on contract basis for a period of upto 30 years or longer.
Work with BBMP!! Fulfil your lifetime longings…………….